ExCeL is accessed from the A13 but this will be particularly busy on race days because of the road closures in operation.
The A13 can be reached from central London, Blackwall and Rotherhithe Tunnels, the A406 North Circular, M25 and M11. ExCeL Parking is signed from both Gallions Reach roundabout (from the East) and Canning Town (from the West).
Please check for any weekend roadworks that may affect these routes.
*Be sure to plan your journey carefully, roads will be closed for racing during the weekend.*
The West entrance to ExCeL has a 1.9m height restriction. Please navigate to the East entrance if you transport your bike on a roof rack or if you have a high or wide vehicle.
All parking at ExCeL is charged at a daily rate of £20 which is payable via Pay and Display tickets which are available for purchase within the car parks. Alternatively, you can purchase your tickets in advance by clicking here.
*Plan to arrive (at least) 90 minutes before your start time to avoid being late for your race.*
Nearest Stations are:
Canning Town (Jubilee Line) 1.6 miles from ExCeL.
Stratford 3.5 miles from ExCeL.
West Ham 1.8 miles from ExCeL.
Prince Regent DLR 0.1 miles from ExCeL.
IMPORTANT TRAVEL INFORMATION
Bikes are allowed on the DLR off-peak and at weekends but are limited to a maximum of two bikes per set of doors. For more information, click here.
Due to these limitations, and in light of the number of competitors taking part in the triathlon over the weekend, we recommend that competitors with bicycles either cycle to the event or travel by car.
*Essential engineering works are unavoidable so please be sure to check the Transport for London website: www.tfl.gov.uk for any travel information before the day to avoid delays.*
UPON ARRIVAL YOU SHOULD:
- Follow signs to the Race Pack pick up in the South Hall – entrance door S7.
- Remember you will require your photo ID and BTF membership card (if applicable) to collect your race pack.
- Go to the race pack desk applicable and show your photo ID.
- You will receive your race pack and your timing chip, which will become your responsibility until you hand it back at the finish line. Due to the costs of the technology, there will be a £20 charge if you lose your timing chip once in your possession.
- Once you have collected your race pack, attach the timing chip to your ankle, make your way to the Bike Check at the entrance to transition to rack your bike. Transition is a high-security area. Access will only be given to those competitors wearing security wristbands.
- Please have your helmet fastened on your head at the Bike Check, as this will help speed up your entry to transition.