GET YOUR BLOOD CANCER UK PLEDGE PLACE
Next year marks Blood Cancer UK’s 60th anniversary, so we’re going to make the 2020 Blood Cancer UK Blenheim Palace Triathlon bigger and better than ever before!
If you’d like to join in the celebrations and help us beat blood cancer at Blenheim, grab one of our Blood Cancer UK Charity Pledge Places and commit to raising £350 for this incredible charity.
ABOUT BLOOD CANCER UK
We’re a community dedicated to beating blood cancer. We do this by funding research and supporting those affected. Since 1960, we’ve invested over £500 million in blood cancer research, transforming treatments and saving lives. Right now, our community is funding 360 researchers and staff across the UK who are searching for the next breakthrough. The day we will beat blood cancer is now in sight and our researchers are determined to finish the job.
We’re here for people when they need someone to talk to, and we campaign for change, helping to make sure that people get the healthcare they deserve.
BLOOD CANCER FACTS
- There are over 100 different types of blood cancer. The three main blood cancer groups are leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma.
- Blood cancer is the 3rd biggest cancer killer in the UK. It claims more than 15,000 lives each year.
- Blood cancer is the 5th most common cancer type in the UK
- Blood cancer is the most common type of cancer amongst children, teenagers and young adults in the UK
- Each year, over 40,000 people are diagnosed with blood cancer in the UK
- There are around 250,000 people living with blood cancer in the UK
WHY FUNDRAISE FOR BLOOD CANCER UK
Every penny we spend on our life-saving research and patient services comes from our generous supporters. Since we were formed in 1960, we’ve been at the forefront of many breakthroughs and key developments in blood cancer research and treatment.
- In total, we’ve spent around £500 million on blood cancer research since forming in 1960.
- We’re funding over 30 clinical trials with more than 5,500 patients.
- We currently fund 95 different blood cancer research projects across 26 institutions in the UK. That’s around 300 researchers.
- Last year, we sent over 51,000 blood cancer information resources to hospitals and people affected by blood cancer.
FUNDRAISING TIPS AND ADVICE
In 2019 our supporters helped to raise over £230,000 from the event, which is an incredible achievement, but we want 2020 to be even bigger and better to mark our 60th anniversary.
That’s why we’re giving you the chance to get your hands on these fantastic fundraising incentives:
- Kick-start your fundraising and receive a fantastic Blood Cancer UK running t-shirt
- Raise £200 to receive a Blood Cancer UK tri-belt
- Hit the £400 mark and you’ll look the part in your very own high-spec Blood Cancer UK tri-suit!
You can find out plenty of fundraising information and advice by checking out the fundraising section of our website, and feel free to give us a call on 0808 169 5155 to ask for any fundraising support, advice or materials; we’re here to help!