Here at Blenheim Tri, we recognise that things are a little different this year and that due to the Covid-19 virus, you may have more questions about taking part than usual. There is a lot that we are doing to ensure that we deliver a safe and socially distanced event for you to enjoy and you can find details of all of these measures below. We will continue to follow guidance from the Government and the British Triathlon Federation, as well as regularly consulting with health & safety professionals.
We will continue to update this page over the coming weeks with more information as we countdown to the 2020 Blenheim Tri.
Reducing the number of spectators
- Each participant will be permitted to bring ONE spectator with them on the day. Children under the age of 15, including newborns, will not be permitted.
- Blenheim Palace will be closed to general visitors on event weekend.
- If you have already pre-purchased more than one spectator ticket and need a refund, or would like to purchase one for the event, we will be in touch with all participants soon with details on how to do so.
- Once you have arrived and entered the event village there will be two separate ‘journeys’ for participants and spectators when you exit the village and head to transition. Spectators will still be able to cheer you on at the swim start or on the bike or cycle routes. You will also be able to meet up again in the event village once you have completed your race.
- The event capacity has been reduced and the length of day has increased to allow 2m of space for all participants on site (including 2m between each transition racking).
- As with all current social protocols, we ask you to observe 2m social distancing at all times.
- Waves sizes have been halved to ensure that there is more space available.
Reducing contact with event staff
- Race packs and timing chips will be posted out to participants prior to the event.
- All participants to arrive race ready prior to entering the event site.
- Participants must plan to be self-sufficient with hydration and fuelling on route. There will be refill points pre and post-race, but not on the race routes. Ensure you bring filled bottles with you.
Cleansing and hygiene
- Additional cleansing teams will be on site and touch point areas will be sanitised regularly (i.e. transition, racking, toilets etc).
- Hand sanitisation stations will be located throughout the site.
- Increased number of toilets spaced out on site.
- No changing facilities will be available, please come race ready.
- All participants are required to complete a health declaration. You can do this now by clicking here.
- Remember, if you have recently returned from a country that requires you to self-isolate, please adhere to the quarantine and do not come to the event.
- Information provided in the questionnaire will be used for the NHS track and trace if requested.
- Participants will be allocated a wave time on their chosen day. In order to manage participant flows in accordance with social distancing measures, we will unfortunately not be able to accommodate requests for wave changes.
- Time trial race start – participants will be pulsed out one by one instead of the usual mass start to allow you to keep 2m apart. Timing chips will register individual start times.
PPE & temperature checks
- All participants, spectators, staff and volunteers will be required to undergo a temperature check upon arriving at the event. If a participant or their spectator has a temperature reading of over 37.8, neither will be permitted entry onto the event site.
- Staff & volunteers will be required to wear gloves when handling equipment or participant items.
- Staff & volunteers will be required to wear masks when 2m social distancing is not possible.
Please note, the Blenheim Palace Triathlon is a British Triathlon Federation sanctioned event. We are working closely with the BTF and following all guidance provided in addition to further advice from the Government and Public Health England. As with many other areas of our lives currently, the above advice is subject to change. We will keep in regular contact with you regarding any such changes.